Experience & Integrity
The Constable is the chief process server of the precinct and is also required to serve as the bailiff in the Justice of the Peace courts. The Constable’s office executes and returns to courts all warrants, capias warrants, other criminal process, citations, subpoenas, forcibles and writs. It is the mission of the Constable’s office to be efficient, professional and well trained to give the best possible service to the citizens of Collin County.
What I Will Do For Our Community
- Enforce the law. Period.
- Patrol Texas highways and shut down illegal traffic.
- Support judges, police, first responders, and our community.
- Collaborate with school districts and local police departments to promote safety and security of students and staff.
- Provide and maintain a high quality staff and office that is transparent.
- Prioritize and streamline the civil service process.
- Promote and enhance conservative values for all families.
- Enhance continuity of service with other Constables
I have been in law enforcement for 24 years and have been dedicated to making Collin County and the Great State of Texas as safe as possible through the practices of proactive law enforcement.
I began my law enforcement career as a police officer for the Princeton Police Department. After a year on patrol, I was offered the position to serve as a Deputy Constable for Collin County Pct. 4 under Retired Constable Frank Svoboda and Johnny Todd. Their mentorship enhanced my experience as a civil deputy. We collaborated regarding budget, management, & effective leadership in a Constables Office. After 11 years with Precinct 4, I continued my dedication to serving the public and community as a civil deputy for the Collin County Sheriff’s office under the prestigious leadership of Retired Sheriff Terry Box & Sheriff Jim Skinner.
Of all of my accomplishments, I am very proud of my family and our devotion to lead with a servant’s heart. I am married to Cinda Owen, an educator, for 25 years. Our son, Connor, is a Raven in the Air Force. Our daughter, Chesney, is studying nursing at San Angelo State University.
- Qualified Constable with 24 years of Law Enforcement experience with a Master Peace Officer License
- Civil Deputy for the Collin County Sheriff’s Office for 10 years
- Expertise in civil, mental health, criminal law, and fugitive transport
- Twenty-one years’ experience in all civil processes
- Collected over five million dollars for Collin County through Writs
- Attended the Justices of the Peace and Constables Association of Texas Conference for eleven years
- Collaborated with retired Collin County Constables Precinct 4, Frank Svoboda and Johnny Todd regarding budget and hiring process for 11 years
- Major contributor to the development of Odyssey and Athena program
- Instructor for the civil portion of the Collin County Citizen Academy
- Contributed and helped organize Collin County National Night Out
- Reserve for Collin County Constable Precinct 1, Jerry Kunkle for almost 2 years
- Officer at Princeton Police Department for 1 year
Spread The Word
Help us reach more people by telling your friends to vote Coby For Constable.
Monday, February 14, 2022 through Friday, February 25, 2022
Be sure to vote on March 1st, 2022